Annual Support Campaign
2015 Annual support campaign
The SLO County YMCA appreciates the generosity of donors like you. One hundred percent of campaign funds go toward providing financial assistance and funding critical programs and services that reinforce the importance of positive adult role models connecting with youth.
The Cindy Sargen Youth Development Fund
Your donation can help send a teen to Sacramento to present their bill at the annual YMCA's Youth and Government program or fullfill a teen's dream to one day be a camp counselor through our Leadership Development Program or provide seed money to engage in a Youth Institute workshop for a technologically-inclined middle school student.
Donor Bill of Rights click here.
Why Give to the Y?
THE Y IS COMMITTED TO STRENGTHENING COMMUNITY
- The Y mission is to develop the total person, spirit, mind and body, through values-based programs that build strong kids, strong families, strong communities.
- Last year the Y provided over 400 individuals with scholarships valued at $75,000 in financial assistance to ensure participation in all YMCA programs.
- 1 out of every 17 people served by the San Luis Obispo County YMCA receives financial assistance.
- The Y continues to be led by volunteers. Last year just under 500 individuals gave of their time to volunteer at the Y.
- Last year the Y partnered with other community leaders and non-profits such as: Paso Robles and SLO Recreation and Parks Departments, 5 Unified School Districts, Cambria Lion’s Club, Friends of Hearst Castle, Boys & Girls Club, People’s Self Help, Food Bank, Anti-Defamation League, SLO Public Health Dept., and HEAL SLO, to make a collaborative difference in our community.
The San Luis Obispo County YMCA is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization. The Federal Tax ID number is 95-2147727. Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. No goods or services were provided in exchange for your generous financial donation.